Poor configuration of the API servers allows attackers to exploit them.
- Unpatched systems
- Unprotected files and directories
- Unhardened images
- Missing, outdated, or misconfigured TLS
- Exposed storage or server management panels
- Missing CORS policy or security headers
- Error messages with stack traces
- Unnecessary features enabled
How to prevent
- Establish repeatable hardening and patching processes.
- Automate locating configuration flaws.
- Disable unnecessary features.
- Restrict administrative access.
- Define and enforce all outputs, including errors.